Why not use Oracle Governance, Risk, and Compliance Controls Suite?
Oracle E-Business Suite does not include built-in GRC controls. Customers need to develop their own controls or use software from Oracle or independent software vendors.
You might find Oracle’s offering provides more capabilities than your requirements, at a price that can’t be justified, and take too long to implement.
Oracle’s GRC Controls Suite is licensed separately from the E-Business Suite. The four components are:
- Oracle Applications Access Controls Governor
- Oracle Configuration Controls Governor
- Oracle Transaction Controls Governor
- Oracle Preventive Controls Governor
SOD Violations Manager and Application Auditor provide the automation capabilities to support the above functions in your E-Business Suite environment: User access controls; setup and configuration controls; business transaction controls. AA also gives you the ability to prevent any kind of user access, configuration, master data or business transaction.
AA provides additional capabilities:
- It can be used to audit what DBAs and System Administrators do with the EBS database (DDL auditing).
- You can use the table auditing features on any Oracle Database, not just E-Business Suite.
- AA automates audit configuration migration and revision control, so you don’t have to re-key your business rules and you’ll always be able to fall back or review historical configurations.